Friday, June 27, 2014

Book Review: Split Second by Kasie West

Before I get started with my review, I would just like to mention that this is the SECOND book in a duology, so if you plan on reading this book, you should read the book, Pivot Point, first.

The concept of the Pivot Point duology is so clever and original. Split Second was a fantastic sequel; it was similar to the first book in that the book was told in two perspectives, however, this book is told from the points of views of two different people: Addie and Laila, her best friend. I loved this structure and it wasn’t confusing at all to follow because the two characters have very different personalities. I was annoyed with Laila in the beginning, but I ended up loving her perspective because she’s so funny, sarcastic, and a great best friend. 
There’s a huge mystery aspect in this novel, which was suspenseful and exciting. I loved the great communication between the characters (there’s nothing more frustrating than silly, unnecessary miscommunication) and the romance was adorabllleee. This novel was action-packed and refreshing to read.
I couldn’t put this book down until I finished the entire thing because the plot was so intriguing. This sequel is more dystopian than the first book because it talks more about the world they live in and the government that runs everything. I would definitely recommend marathoning this duology because once you read the first book, you’ll want to start the second book immediately. This book is BETTER than the first, by far. The ending leaves readers happy, which is exactly what I was looking for.
There should definitely be more books with these awesome characters! It would be cool to see novellas in Trevor and Connor's point of views, and of course, I would love to read more about Addie and Laila!

Two of my favorite quotes from the  book: 
My shortened book review on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/966812917

1 comment:

  1. wow this book seems definitely worth reading! thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete