Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What I'm Currently Reading!

Hello! I recently went to the library and I borrowed a LOT of books:P I've been reading a lot of quick, contemporary romance novels, but now I'm in the mood for dystopian, sci-fi, apocalyptic, and mystery books, so I borrowed mostly those genres. 
Here is the list of books: (Btw you can CLICK the TITLES of the books to go directly to its Goodreads page!)

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: I've heard super great reviews and I'm so excited to be thrown into a dystopian, sci-fi, apocalyptic world. I also wanted to read this book because I know there's going to be a movie based on this novel sometime in the future and I want to read it before that happens.

The Rules by Stacey Kade: I read the little plot summary on Goodreads and it sounded like the type of book I would just fly through and really enjoy. But unfortunately, it was not as good as I expected it to be. Click HERE to read my short review.

Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson: Hollywood teenage star needs a girlfriend for publicity, so who does he offer the role to? A small town girl who needs the money, but doesn't really care about the rest. I actually finished this book already and it was mehhh. This book was very predictable and nothing extremely climatic and interesting happened. To see more of my thoughts, click HERE for my Goodreads review.

Dark Star by Bethany Frenette: Already read this and it was AWESOME! Click HERE for the review on this blog if you haven't seen it already.

Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano: This novel takes place in a fantasy world and it seems very different. I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope it's good.

The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Eston: This is a contemporary, mystery, romance, thriller novel. I hope this will be suspenseful! From the little blurb on Goodreads, it seems like this novel is very romance heavy, but I hope that it will be balanced out with the mystery.

Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon: This book has an interesting plot, but it has very mixed reviews. I have a feeling that this book is going to be too immature for my taste, but I'm going to try this series out. This will most likely be one of the last books I read from my huge stack:P

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: What can I say? I'm a sucker for cute book covers. I have read What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith, and despite some people's high reviews, I really did not enjoy it. But this book has a higher star rating, so I'm going to give it a chance. Hopefully it won't be too unrealistic like the other one.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver: Ahhhh this book...so this has gotten very good reviews and even Veronica Roth said it's good, but I'm around a hundred pages in and I don't feel a connection to the characters. I hope the story gets more interesting. Also as a side note, I watched like half of the Delirium Pilot that was just released; it was bad... And now I can't stop picturing Emma Roberts as Lena, which is not a good thing. Anyways, I will be finishing this and I will definitely do a review (just because I don't think my expectations will be reached with this novel, but I may be proven wrong(: ).

The Things They Carried by Tim O' Brien: This is a summer reading novel for my AP Lit class. I'm looking forward to it though because I think it will  be much better than the other books I've read for my English classes. Reading about the Vietnam War will be interesting.

Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne: I'll probably fly through this book in a couple hours. This is the third book in the Monument 14 series; the first and second book were alright, but I'm hoping this will be better. The overall story plot is very unique and sometimes I like thinking 'What if I was trapped in a grocery store with my friends, while the rest of the world was under chaos?'. We would definitely survive better than the kids in the story:P

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: Well this will be interesting...I'm sure this book will be as creepy and mysterious as it seems.

In the After by Demitria Lunetta: I will NOT be reading this in the dark:P haha According to Goodreads, this is a science fiction, adventure, horror, zombie novel. Very cool (:

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill: I was so captivated by the plot blurb. It seems like a very emotional, mystery filled sci-fi romance novel. However, I have a bad feeling that the ending may be a sad cliffhanger, so I'm trying to read this book slowly and not get attached to the characters (which probably won't work:P).

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: Remember when I said, in the beginning of this post, that I was on a contemporary romance kick? Well, I haven't this yet, but I'm looking forward to! I hope it will be ah-dorabllleeee!

The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler: Another contemporary romance! Yayyyy!:)

Taken by Erin Bowman: A book about boys mysteriously disappearing? I sense an adventure! (and romance and dystopian-ness)

And that is it! Phew that took a really long time:P but thanks for sticking through this LONG post. Maybe you got some book recommendations?:) Thanks so much for reading, and see you next time!
~Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment