Thursday, October 2, 2014

♡Throwback Thursday♡ CHINA Part 1: Shanghai Skyline & Huangpu River!

Hello everyone and welcome to a new series of posts that I'm going to be doing called "Throwback Thursday"! Every week, I will be post pictures and stories from my travels. I think this series is going to be really fun because I get the chance to look through old photos and relive some of my memories.
This first post is going to be about  a recent trip that I took to Shanghai, China during my holiday break 2013-2014. I will be splitting this trip into three parts because I don't want to post too many pictures at once and overcrowd your computer screens:P Enjoy!

This is a picture of the famous Oriental Pearl TV Tower. I've never actually been inside the building, but I have walked by it many times on the street.  These scenic photos in particular were taken across the Huangpu River, which is the largest river in Shanghai. You can take a ferry boat to go across from the main (older) city of Shanghai (one side of the river) to Pudong (the side w/ higher & newer towers) or vice versa.
We have actually taken a night cruise along the Huangpu River to see and take beautiful photos, but we did not take one on the past trip to Shanghai.
Whether the day is gloomy or clear, Shanghai's skyline is something that should be experienced by everyone that decides to travel to the city. I love the feeling of being in a city, surrounded by crowds of people, and I cannot wait to go back.
~Catherine

1 comment: