Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Current Music Favorites!

Hello everyone, I’ve recently discovered and have been listening to a wide variety of songs. I thought I’d share them with you guys so if you feel like listening to something new, you can check out these songs! Btw I have linked the songs, so that if you click the song names in this post, you will be brought to a new Youtube page!


First up, the holiday season is slowly creeping up and I am so EXCITED. It would only be reasonable to listen to Michael Buble’sChristmas Album on repeat. My favorite songs in the album are White Christmas, All I Want for Christmas is You, Baby Please Come Home, Feliz Navidad, and Winter Wonderland, but let’s be honest, ALL the songs are amazing! I just cannot wait for the holidays!

In addition to that album, Pentatonix’s WinterWonderland/Don’t Worry Be Happy collaboration with Tori Kelly is the perfect holiday song mashup.

Next, Taylor Swift released her new album, 1989, and I really like the song, Blank Space. The other songs have not grown on me yet, but we’ll see. If you’re looking for a upbeat, pop song, definitely listen to Blank Space! Also, if you haven’t watched the music video yet, you should. It’s pretty intense, but very entertaining haha I especially love the gazillion outfits that Taylor had on.

I love to listen to Someday by Nina while doing homework. This song is such a classic, so soothing and beautiful. To go along with that, another love song that I’ve been obsessed with is Say You Love Me by Jessie Ware. A song that was recently released two months ago, Say You Love Me has got me lip singing every single time it comes up on my music playlist. Jessie Ware has such a powerful and beautiful voice. A great song to write essays to. 

Another great slow song to do homework to is The Leaves will Change by Take Cover. This song was in the background of a Vampire Diaries episode and the mix of piano and vocals is wonderful! I also like A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope, a song also featured in Vampire Diaries.

Recently introduced to Glee by my friend (I’ve known what it was before but I just hadn’t taken much interest in it), I really like Glee’s take on Singing In the Rain/Umbrella. It’s upbeat and makes me want to dance with the cast.

Next is Rather Be by Clean Bandit feat Jess Glynne. This song is just so unique and catchy. I can’t explain how addicted I am to this song! Another great song is Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. This was in The Great Gatsby movie, and while I didn’t like the movie, this song made a lasting impression.

Well that’s about it for now. I hope you guys found this useful and got some music recommendations! If you have any songs you’ve been loving, please share them with me:) I’m always up for listening to new music.
~Catherine

1 comment: