Wednesday, November 26, 2014

New TV Show: State of Affairs

I love watching all sorts of TV shows and movies, ranging from comedy to action, but I especially love watching anything with a strong, main female protagonist. NBC's new show, State of Affairs, is so refreshing and different. 
State of Affairs is a political, espionage thriller starring Katherine Heigl as CIA analyst Charleston Tucker, whose duty is to assemble and present the President’s Daily Briefing on the most vital security issues facing the country, and Alfre Woodard as first black female President Constance Payton. The first episode starts off with Tucker (Heigl’s character) trying to get to the bottom of a deadly terrorist attack that killed her fiancĂ©.
The show is believable and not overly dramatic. While I didn’t think the pilot was amazing, the second episode that aired yesterday was fantastic. I don’t want to spoil anyone, but I will say that I did finish watching the episode with tears on my face. (And looking on Twitter, I see that many people had the similar reactions:P) New characters were introduced, pieces of Tucker’s past were thrown in the mix; overall, the second episode was entertaining and intriguing. I’m really looking forward to seeing how this show will continue. 
Those are all my thoughts for now and I will talk to you all very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment