Thursday, December 25, 2014

Book Reviews: Apollyon and Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I thought these books couldn’t get any better after the ending of the third book, Diety, but I was really wrong. After I read Apollyon, the fourth book, it became the best Covenant book I read so far. And when I read Sentinel, that fifth and final book was way up there too. Reading the entire Covenant series was a rollercoaster ride full of action and romance. There was suspense with each turn of a page. Mystery and plot twists ensued. Before I got my Amazon package in the mail, I knew I would fly through these last two books and while I’m so glad I did (because they were just a joy to read), it’s bittersweet to know that there will be no more books with Alex and Aiden.
As a major fan of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and Greek mythology in general, I was not disappointed by the mythology in this series. It was all very enjoyable to read, especially because it was written in a logical way.
Armentrout does such a phenomenal job at creating characters that are so extremely realistic, readers just can’t help but connect to them. Alex is such a  fierce, strong, brave, smart, and badass heroine. She really matured throughout all the books and it was great to see her actually think things through before acting (since she was used to acting impulsively). I was so glad to see the situation at the end of third book didn’t end up dragging out too much into the fourth book. I loved seeing Alex and Aiden in action together, which occurred a lot in Apollyon. They communicated really well, which was nice to read. It was wonderful to see how complicated people can be and read about the different sides of all the characters. I felt so invested in all of their lives and it hurt to see anything bad happen to them. It was beautiful to see how the friendships and relationships progressed. Even though not much time has passed between the first and last book in the Covenant series, the characters all developed a lot.
Despite all the seriousness and danger the characters were going through, Armentrout added the perfect sarcastic and funny comments to lighten up the mood, even if it was just for one second. Everything was so good and the novels just kept getting better. They were beautifully written with so many quotable quotes. The ending to the series was beyond perfect. The Covenant series left me with a really happy feeling inside. If I could, I would want to erase this series from my memory and reread it again. Even though that’s not possible, you best believe that I will be rereading these books over and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment