Monday, December 22, 2014

❄10 Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit!❄

So if you know me well, you know that I've been listening to Christmas music since the end of the summer. I love the holiday season and the festive spirit that comes with it. All the red, green, and glitter in stores brighten up my mood every day! Today I will be sharing some of the things I have done and will be doing during my Christmas break from school. I hope this might inspire you to relax and take a break from the stress that school may bring. :)
1. Putting up & Decorating the Christmas Tree
This year I decorated a fake Christmas tree with the help of my friend. It was definitely a relaxing weekend activity right before finals.

2. Making your House/Room more Festive
I pretty much just added gift ribbon bows everywhere in my room: on the top border of my blinds, one on top of my computer monitor. I draped a metallic red tinsel garland around the frame of my door and added a silver bow to the center. On the stairs, I wrapped a gold, iridescent tinsel garland.

3. Drinking Holiday Beverages
Whether it's a festive beverage from Starbucks or a cup of hot chocolate made from powder, a holiday beverage always manages to warm me up and make me feel good.

4. Christmas Shopping for Friends & Family + Wrapping Gifts
I don't know if it's just me,but shopping for other people and wrapping gifts is very fun and therapeutic.

5. Listening to Christmas Music
In addition to the songs I've written a blog post about around a month ago (click here to see that), I've also been listening to the Ariana Grande cover of Last Christmas, an all time classic. Also if you haven't heard Ariana Grande's new Christmas song, Santa Tell Me, you're missing out on a lot! My Itunes tells me that I've listened to that song around 50 times....Christmas music can really uplift anyone's mood and be a soothing background rhythm when reading, which leads me to

6. Reading a Book while Cozied Up (Tbh, I don't think "cozied" is a word, but I think you all know what I mean, so I'm just going to use it:P )

7. Painting your Nails
I would take a picture, but my nails are extremely chipped right now. Anyways, I'm currently wearing a shiny red polish with tiny raspberry, iridescent glitter on top. I just love sparkles and glitter during the holiday season.

8. Going Ice-Skating
One of my absolute favorite Olympic sports to watch and also one of my favorite activities during the winter season.

9. Baking Delicious Goodies

10. Traveling

Have a wonderful holiday season and break from school.
~Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment