Monday, March 9, 2015

Movie Review- Kingsman: The Secret Service

I'm a sucker for a good, fast paced action movie and Kingsman was all that and more! This is going to be a no-spoiler review of the movie, Kingsman: The Secret Service, which was released on February 13th, but is still in theaters.
I really enjoyed the fast pace of the movie overall; there was never a dull moment because new, exciting things kept on happening. As a major spy movie and novel enthusiast, I did find some parts of the spy training predictable, but it was all still very entertaining to watch. I liked how Kingsman tried to break the mold of a typical spy movie (you'll see what I mean if/when you watch this) and the ending 40 minutes was by far my favorite. The action was suspenseful and fantastic to watch; I was definitely on the edge of my seat. There was quite a lot of blood, and one scene that was particularly shocking for me to watch  (that involved a blade), but the violence really wasn't disturbing. The bad ass characters really made this movie fascinating.

Even though he isn't well-known, I think the actor, Taron Egerton, who played the main character Eggsy did a wonderful job. I loved his character because of his caring dedication to his family and his humorous remarks throughout the movie. The rest of the actors were great as well. Fun fact: Emma Watson was a candidate for the minor character of Roxy, but Sophie Cookson, a newly graduated theater student, earned the role.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in action and adventure, and doesn't mind blood. Kingsman: The Secret Service draws inspiration from other spy movies, but is still very unique and entertaining. This movie is a 4.5 out of 5 stars (90%) in my opinion because I absolutely loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting movie! :)

    ReplyDelete