Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Book Reviews: Never Never Part 1 & 2

Actual rating: 4.25 stars
Here's the mysterious synopsis of the novel from Goodreads:

Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. 
Complete strangers since this morning. 
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget. 

That. Was. So. Good. -0.75 stars because Never Never was way too short (there really could have been more packed into this book), but the good thing is that Part 2 is already out. The plot is a teeny tiny bit similar to a movie that I've watched before, but most of it was extremely original, which I loved so much. The mystery captivated me to no end. I feel the phrase, “He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.”, on Goodreads is misleading because that wasn’t the case in the book; the description makes it seem like the two people have different goals, but that really isn’t the case. The characters were realistically written in that they acted how I would assume people would act when they don’t know their own identities. I was rooting for Charlie (a tough, smart girl) and Silas (a kindhearted, responsible guy) since the beginning because their chemistry is undeniable. The writing from the two authors mingles well and is easy to understand. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting from Never Never when I started, but the thrilling mystery and character relationships were spectacular.  The novel was a definite page turner.

Now onto my quick thoughts regarding Part Two:
There was a lot of redundant information in the beginning that could’ve been left out if all three parts of Never Never were in one book. However, it was still interesting to read how the plot developed. The pieces and clues are starting to fit together, though many things still have to be explained. The few plot twists and new discoveries were unexpected and I enjoyed the surprise they gave me. I cannot wait to see how the mystery unravels in Part Three.

1 comment:

  1. You review makes me really want to read this series haha

    ReplyDelete